Total Time: 6 hrs. 22 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 6 hrs. 2 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 2 fajitas each
21 Day Fix Containers:
- 2 green
- 1 red
- 1 1/2 yellow
- 1/2 blue
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes (or diced tomatoes with green chiles), no salt added
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tsp. ground chile powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced
- 8 6-inch whole wheat flour tortillas, warm
- ½ cup fresh tomato salsa
- 8 tsp. low-fat (1%) plain Greek yogurt
- ½ medium avocado, sliced
- Finely chopped cilantro
- Place tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, chile powder, cumin, pepper, and lime juice in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well.
- Add chicken; cook, covered, on low temperature for 4 to 5 hours (or on high or 2 to 3 hours), stirring once or twice, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Evenly divide mixture between tortillas. Top evenly with salsa, yogurt, avocado, and cilantro.