Total Time: 18 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 8 min.
Yield: 8 servings
21 Day Fix Containers:
- 1 yellow
- 1 tsp.
- 5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (or 2 tsp. dried)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (6½-inch) whole wheat pitas, split (tops removed from bottoms), cut into quarters
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (or sliced cherry tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine basil, pepper, thyme, and cheese in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Spread pita wedges evenly on baking sheet.
- Lightly brush each wedge with oil.
- Sprinkle basil mixture evenly over pita wedges. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top pita wedges evenly with tomatoes. Serve immediately.