Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 26 min.
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (salmon patty, bun, wasabi cream cheese, and arugula):
YELLOW – 2
GREEN – 1
RED – 1
OILS – 1
FOR WASABI CREAM CHEESE:
3 Tbsp. whipped cream cheese
½ tsp. prepared wasabi
1 lb. raw wild-caught salmon fillets, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch chunks
Finely grated peel (lemon zest) of 1 medium lemon
Juice of ½ medium lemon
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 large egg white (2 Tbsp.)
1½ tsp. finely chopped fresh dill
1½ tsp. finely chopped fresh chives
½ tsp. fine sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
1 Tbsp. dried minced garlic
1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
2 Tbsp. cold water
4 gluten-free hamburger buns
1 large egg white (2 Tbsp.) +
2 Tbsp. cold water
½ tsp. poppy seeds
½ tsp. sesame seeds
¼ tsp. coarse sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 cups baby arugula or Dill Cucumber
Salad (see separate recipe for Dill
1. To make wasabi cream cheese, combine cream cheese and wasabi in a small bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. To make patties, place salmon, lemon peel, lemon juice, mustard, egg white, dill, chives, salt, and pepper in a food processor; pulse in approximately three 5-second pulses, or until finely chopped, but not so
fine that it becomes a paste.
3. Cut out four 5-inch x 5-inch squares of parchment. Arrange on a baking sheet; lightly coat with spray.
4. Spray your hands with spray; form salmon mixture into four 2-inch balls, pressing each one into a patty atop a piece of sprayed parchment.
5. Cover patties with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour to set.
6. Preheat oven to 375º F.
7. To make buns, combine garlic, onion, and 2 Tbsp. water in a microwavesafe bowl; mix well. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Set aside.
8. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Arrange buns, top side up, with equal space between. Set aside.
9. Combine egg white with 2 Tbsp. water in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
10. Brush top of each bun with egg white mixture; sprinkle with garlic mixture, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and salt. Don’t worry if a little bit falls off the
11. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. You can save this step until just before serving if you want warm buns to serve on.
12. Coat cast iron skillet with oil; wipe out excess oil with a paper towel, leaving just a thin layer (about ¼ tsp.) on the surface.
13. Heat skillet on medium-high for 2 to 4 minutes, or until oil just begins to smoke.
14. Place patties onto the skillet by using the parchment paper to pick up, invert them onto skillet, then gently peel off the parchment. Cook for 2½ to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden on the outside. Do not move
patties until they have cooked the full 2½ minutes per side for the mixture
to set. A thermometer should read 145º F.
15. Spread each bottom bun with 1 tsp. wasabi cream cheese. Top with salmon patty, 1 cup arugula, and finish with top bun. Enjoy!
• The Dill Cucumber Salad is the perfect side salad for these burgers. Add an additional GREEN container for 1 cup of the salad.
• Patties can also be grilled on an outdoor barbecue.
• Serve salmon patty open-faced (1/2 of a bun) with wasabi cream cheese
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving): YELLOW – 1 RED – 1 OIL – 1
• Serve salmon patty atop 1 cup arugula and 1 cup Dill Cucumber Salad
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving): GREEN – 2 RED – 1
1 lemon, medium
1 package baby arugula
1 bunch chives, fresh
1 bunch dill, fresh
1 (8 oz.) container whipped cream cheese
1 package hamburger buns, gluten-free
1 jar sesame seeds
1 carton egg whites or 2 large eggs
1 lb. wild-caught salmon, boneless
1 jar black pepper, ground
1 jar Dijon mustard
1 jar minced garlic, dried
1 jar minced onion, dried
1 bottle olive oil
1 jar poppy seeds
1 jar sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 tube wasabi, prepared
1 can nonstick cooking spray
1 roll parchment paper