This version of the traditional Tex-Mex breakfast scramble with crunchy tortilla strips, onions, tomatoes, and peppers has only 229 calories per serving, and the servings are hearty. Perfect for brunch!
Total Time: 29 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 19 min.
Yield: 2 servings
2 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1½ tsp. olive oil
2 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
¼ medium onion,chopped
¼ medium bell pepper, chopped
¼ medium tomato, chopped
½ oz. shredded cheddar cheese (2 Tbsp.)
1. Combine eggs and egg whites in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add tortillas; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp. Remove tortillas from pan.
4. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
5. Add tomato; cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until eggs are almost set.
7. Add tortillas and cheese; cook, for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe Adapted from Beachbody.com
Send me my FREE workouts!
By submitting your email, you will receive an email with instructions on setting up your free account and access to a week of free workouts! Once you have access to the workouts, you will be emailed the meal plan.