Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving):
PURPLE – ½ YELLOW – ½ BLUE – 1
3 Tbsp. mascarpone cheese
¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
½ medium orange, orange peel finely grated (orange zest), juice reserved
2 tsp. Kentucky bourbon
2 medium peaches (preferably late-season freestones)
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Beat together mascarpone and extract in a small bowl; refrigerate, covered.
2. To make maple bourbon sauce, combine maple syrup, orange peel, orange juice, and bourbon in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a gentle boil; cook, stirring constantly (being careful not to burn it), for approximately 5 minutes, or until sauce is reduced by half. Remove from heat. Set aside.
3. Coat grill with spray. Preheat grill (or cast iron grill pan) on high.
4. Cut peaches in half; remove stones.
5. Grill peaches, flesh side down, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until you can see juices bubbling beneath the skin, flesh is slightly charred, and peaches are soft to their core. Place peaches on a serving platter.
6. Fill each peach center with about 2 heaping teaspoons of mascarpone mixture; drizzle with maple sauce.
7. If desired, top each with a few crystals of fleur de sel (or any large, flaky salt) and enjoy!
• For a kid-friendly version, skip the maple bourbon sauce and drizzle the grilled peaches with plain maple syrup or honey.
• When possible, use Freestone peaches (available mid-June through August) since their stones can be easily removed. If using regular peaches, be sure to split them along their equator, not lengthwise, and remove the stone with a sharp paring knife.
• If you don’t have a grill, you can arrange peaches flesh side up on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 10 to 12 minutes. Watch carefully so they don’t burn!
1 orange, medium
2 peaches, medium
1 container mascarpone cheese
1 bottle Kentucky bourbon
1 bottle maple syrup, Grade B
1 bottle pure vanilla extract
1 can nonstick cooking spray
Send me my FREE workouts!
By submitting your email, you will receive an email with instructions on setting up your free account and access to a week of free workouts! Once you have access to the workouts, you will be emailed the meal plan.