These muffins hit the sweet spot for me…I love the combo of orange and cherry together. SO yummy!
SERVES: 12 (1 muffin each)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving):
PURPLE – ½
YELLOW – 1
BLUE – ½
OILS – 1½
Nonstick cooking spray
1½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour, sifted
½ cup almond flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
½ cup chopped raw walnuts
1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil
2 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter
¾ cup pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
1 Tbsp. finely grated orange peel (orange zest)
¾ cup fresh orange juice (approx. 1 to 2 medium oranges)
2 tsp. ground flaxseed
1 cup thickly sliced banana, very ripe (approx. 1 large banana)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ cup chopped fresh cherries
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers and lightly coating with spray.
3. Combine flour, almond flour, baking powder, walnuts, and salt in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Place oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, orange peel, orange juice, ground flaxseed, banana, and extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth; approx. 30 seconds.
5. Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture; mix until just moistened. Do not overmix.
6. Add cherries; fold until just mixed.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (One-quarter cup batter should fill each cup about three-quarters full.)
8. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven; allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing muffins from pan and cooling completely on a rack. Enjoy!
• Not all brands of all-purpose gluten-free flour are vegan, so be sure to check the label.
• Grade B maple syrup has a very strong, intense flavor that can be similar to molasses, and is perfect for baking
1 banana, large, very ripe
6 oz. cherries, fresh
1 to 2 oranges, medium
1 bag ground flaxseed
1 bag walnuts, raw, chopped
1 jar all-natural peanut butter
1 bag all-purpose flour, gluten-free
1 bag almond flour
1 can baking powder
1 bottle extra-virgin organic coconut oil
1 bottle maple syrup, Grade B
1 jar sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 bottle pure vanilla extract
1 can nonstick cooking spray
How to gain access for a week of free workouts!
By submitting your email, you will receive an email with instructions on setting up your free account and access to a week of free workouts! Once you have access to the workouts, you will be emailed the meal plan.