Total Time: 9 hrs. 15 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 9 hrs.
Yield: Makes 8 servings, about ¾ cup each
21 Day Fix Containers:
- 2 yellows
- 1/2 purple
- 1/2 blue
- 1 tsp.
- ¾ cup dry steel cut oats
- ½ cup dry wild rice
- ¾ cup dry pearl barley (or dry faro)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 2-inch slice dry orange peel
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots (or dried cherries, dried apples, or raisins)
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts (or almonds, pecans, or cashews)
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Place oats, wild rice, barley, cinnamon stick, orange peel, honey, salt, apricots, cranberries, and water in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low temperature for 7 to 9 hours, stirring once or twice (if you are up).
- Before serving, mix well. Serve each portion topped with 2 Tbsp. walnuts and ½ cup almond milk.
- Tip: Use a vegetable peeler to remove just the outer part of the orange peel, avoiding the white pith which can be bitter.